CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 2

Carving Time

 
Happy Jack
It's never too early for a jack o'lantern, right?
Wow!  Is it really October already?  I do love October, and I am determined to take this one more slowly than last year.  Thankfully this weekend ushered in some fall weather.  I think it's fair to say that everyone is ready for it. 

Friday was a teacher workday, so the Little Nguyens and I got to spend some time with friends.  We had a picnic at the park and enjoyed the sunny, breezy afternoon.  On Saturday, it was so nice to take our weekly Saturday morning family fun run in some super cool temperatures!  Later on, Chi fired up his Weber and put some ribs on to smoke for the afternoon while I blew the dust off my oven and baked an applesauce cake with caramel drizzle icing.
Y.U.M.  Thank you, Pinterest!

After dinner, the Little Nguyens found the craft pumpkin I had picked up this week and decided it was time to carve it.  Of course, I had some different craft plans for it, but it was much more fun for to watch them have their way with it!  We have never "carved" one of these before, and it certainly won't ever take the place of the old-fashioned, gooey, cold, stringy jack-o'lantern-carving experience.  But now, thanks to a little battery-operated tealight, they can enjoy it safely every night for the whole month long.
The First Little Nguyen has some camera fun.  Interesting photo!

And the Second Little Nguyen follows suit with the camera.


0 comments: