CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13

the storyteller



To me, some things are just beyond heartwarming...the smell of a freshly-bathed Little Nguyen all wrapped up in a towel, listening to the Little Nguyens giggle when they laugh at funny things, or walking in on the First Little Nguyen reading his little brother a naptime story. This happened to me this afternoon, and they were so absorbed in Go, Dog, Go! (the Littlest Nguyen's current favorite) that they didn't even notice me taking pictures. I looked at the First Little Nguyen, legs crossed, and listened to him reading so quietly. He would ask the Littlest Nguyen questions every few pages, just as I do, and say, "That's right..." or "Good job!" I stood in the hallway listening to all of this, and when they finished I heard the Littlest Nguyen ask, "Will you cover me up?" The First Little Nguyen did just that, saying, "Yes...sweet dreams..."

At times, I think they don't listen to me or that they don't hear what I am saying. I need to remind myself of this day at moments like that. I guess, sometimes, the most important lessons they need to learn aren't the ones I am teaching with words.

2 comments:

Gardner News!

Sarah - This is so sweet. I'm so glad you posted this...

The Smiths

I am all teary after reading that!They are such sweeties! I had so much fun with you and your boys this week. Thanks for letting us hang out with you all!