My sister, Kathy, once told me that one of the things she missed most about her son growing older was the fact he that was no longer around to "fix" things. She says he loved to play handyman when he was young, using the tools in his toy toolbox to fix things around the house, for which he was surely paid in hugs and kisses! Not long ago he passed on to us that well-loved little red toolbox along with the tools and a canvas toolbelt. These toys have been just as loved by the Two Little Nguyens as they were by the Three Little Thomases.
In picking out a Christmas gift this year for his younger brother, the First Little Nguyen really thought a lot about what kind of present he wanted to give him. Remembering how much the Second Little Nguyen likes to "fix" things around the house, he decided upon a new My First Craftsman tool kit for him. This past weekend, as Chi worked on projects and repairs around the house, the Second Little Nguyen was never far behind with his new tools. His new tool kit looks just like Chi's, toolbox and all! He even received a My First Craftsman snakelight for those dark, under-the-sink jobs! Today, he needed it!
Apparently, there was tremendous leak that occurred under my kitchen sink this afternoon, and Mr. Fix-It reported that my kitchen floor was flooded (this must be a horrific flashback for him from Juicy July when we had a real leak in our kitchen and it was torn up for two weeks). Well, he was on the scene in no time to repair it. I was told it took a wrench, a hammer, a hacksaw, and two screws to fix my leak. He even wore his safety goggles! When I asked the Second Little Nguyen how much I owed him for the repair, he cocked his head to the side and asked, "Owe you?" I clarified by saying, "How much should I pay you for fixing my huge leak?"


Mr. Fix-It responded, "One. Just one."
"One what?" I quizzed.
"Umm...one kiss!" he laughed.Mr. Fix-It responded, "One. Just one."
"One what?" I quizzed.
That was one bill that was a joy to pay! Who wouldn't want to kiss Mr. Fix-It!?
3 comments:
Way too cute! Your kids have such a wonderful imagination. I think one kiss is such a great payment too :).
Does he make house calls to Charlotte?! I have another baby gate to install!
Post a Comment