I may never again take a Little Nguyen to preschool for his very first day. Those words echoed in my head all day long. I'm unbelievably sad and joyfully happy, all rolled into one. 
Milo -- prepared to start the day out right!Today was the last "first day" of preschool for the Second Little Nguyen. He was up early and dressed in his favorite t-shirt -- a fire monkey! It fit him to a "T", if you know what I mean! There wasn't a hint of apprehension this year as he gathered his school things and headed to the car. It helps that several of his buddies from Ms. Maribeth's class will be in his new class this year....it always helps to have a friend or two! We took lots of pictures outside, and we even got one with Ms. Nancy, the preschool director. She is such a loving lady, and she has taken a special liking to Thomas over the past few years. Let me put it this way...she is the next best thing to a Grandma and Ba! She often says, "There's my Thomas! He can have whatever he wants!" This morning when she said that, Thomas responded by saying, "Can I have the new playground done?" HA! I guess he's tired of all the new construction at our church, especially since it has displaced his beloved playground!
A very cool new lunchbox...ready and waiting for nutritional emergencies.
Ms. Nancy and the Second Little Nguyen
After putting his things away, he put his nametag on, reached up for a big hug and walked right into his new classroom. It was so anti-climactic! He was eager to see Ms. Janet, his new teacher, and all his friends! Knowing this lack of drama was a good sign, I stayed in the hallway and did not go in the classroom. I was the one who wanted to scream and cry! Where were the tears? Where was the crying? Wasn't I going to get to work my Mommy Magic? Guess not. So, I walked down the hall, chatted with some friends, and enjoyed a few peaceful hours of quiet time!
Finding his coat hook and lunch box spot
The Second Little Nguyen had a great morning at preschool. He reported back about the class pets (crabs), the "Coconut Cafe" (their self-serve snack center), washing his hands a lot (YAY!), doing puzzles with Kennedy, Jesus Time (the Bible story of the day) and painting with "all the colors." After dinner, we broke out the dessert and the Second Little Nguyen loved his back-to-school cake -- a bus, this year. Next year, I will be baking one for my Two Little Nguyens, who will be at the SAME school. Two big boys....oh, if they could just stay little.
School bus cake
Delighted with dessert!
0 comments:
Post a Comment