
Melbourne Frederick Busekist
April 12, 1923 - January 6, 2010
April 12, 1923 - January 6, 2010
Time cannot erase the souls of those we have loved. It cannot rob us of the memory of loving them, nor can it take away the feeling of being loved by them. I have a feeling of emptiness inside me that I cannot fully describe. It's a feeling I can't ever recall having before, somewhat unfamiliar to me. There are no words, really, but believe me... I am trying desperately to find them.
I have a lot to write about. So much has happened in the last few months. But, somehow, this is the only thing I can focus on today.
Okay, Lord. Bring the Rain.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Only if You Ask
I am missing a piece
Of the man he once was.
Only memories
to remind,
to comfort,
to sustain, just because.
I can't think straight.
My mind? I can't bear...
Only clouds
to soften,
to carry,
to lift me somewhere.
My heart is shattered.
My soul - unwelcome change.
Only wanting
to run,
to live,
to see once again.
I am broken in two,
One half is missing.
Only truly
for Him,
in Him,
to Him, unending.
Only if You ask.
He was not ours to keep.
Only Yours
for days,
for nights,
for all time, in His peace.
~ For you, Dad ~ I love you ~
A favorite recent picture of Dad ~ Resident of the Month, Winter 2009
1 comments:
My heart breaks for you! I see how much you look like him! When I think of your parents I remember the hat story!
Post a Comment