CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3

Good Eggs

I know....two posts in one week from me. Don't fall over.
Easter bunny ears from Daddy. My Three Good Eggs.
Hmmm...how about blue into the pink?
Going for the green.

When he was little and just learning to speak, it used to warm my heart to hear the Second Little Nguyen say Eastah aygs. I can still hear his little voice in my head and it makes me want to go through old videos looking for footage of him saying the words. But given my state of mind right now, that might be a bad idea. It would put me in a bad place, I think, since I am having a hard enough time coming to grips with the fact that the First Little Nguyen now insists on wearing boxer briefs and needs his shorts to be "longer" -- he's growing up. They both are.
Such a handsome young man....the wristwatch gets me.

Somehow, the egg-dyeing activity never gets old. I think most kids love to do it. I sure did when I was young. In fact, I loved it so much that I would re-dye my eggs time and time again to see which colors I could create. Mind you, these were the days of only 6 basic Paas colors -- no neons or bonus color tablets, no stickers or decals. This afternoon, the Little Nguyens dyed eggs, and with the almost two dozen eggs they dyed, we are going to be eating egg salad for weeks -- but that's okay. This woman I used to know who went to the church I grew up going to once told me that all good Catholics have to love egg salad! Ha! How's that for a stereotype!? Dyeing eggs is pretty tasty fun, I think.
Putting in the color tablets...

Here goes my first...

Two good eggs...

0 comments: