CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 15

It's Fall, Ya'll!

We have had a busy Fall! Finally, the cooler temperatures have arrived, and I am so thankful for that. Fall is probably the reason that most people live in North Carolina, and I am no exception. It feels so good to be wearing sweaters and scarves, searching for big orange pumpkins amidst the vibrant fall colors outside, smelling the fragrance of hot apple cider and cinnamon wafting through the house, and listening to the sounds of football in the background on a weekend afternoon. Aahhh....it's so easy to relax. But, there's still so much to do! A 6th birthday and a Boo Bash to plan for, pumpkins to carve, seeds to roast, and so many treats to eat!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

This month brought a trip to the State Fair (an, umm....experience -- ICK!) on a beautiful Fall morning, where our favorite things were the gardens and the LEGO exhibit. The Little Nguyens rode their first kiddie coaster and loved it. They were in true form, with their hands in the air and their voices squealing! Honestly, I don't know how we will ever go to Disneyworld since Chi and I detest roller coasters. Either we will have to learn to tolerate them, or we will have to wait until they are old enough to ride them alone! In October, we also picked out pumpkins at our favorite pumpkin patch (without the camera!). The First Little Nguyen was totally hands-on, as usual, and for the second year in a row chose a Clone Trooper face for his jack o'lantern. He has always loved carving pumpkins, but the Second Little Nguyen is another story! I did get him to help clean out the goop and the seeds this year, and he helped draw the requested squiggle face. I ended up carving most of the face, but he helped a little with the eyes and nose. Luckily, this mommy loves pumpkin carving because she gets to roast the seeds! Happy Fall, Ya'll!

0 comments: