CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21

On the Eve of Christmas Vacation...

Nothing like the sight of a pretty Chistmas tree.
Today was the last day of school for the Little Nguyens. They are officially on Christmas break! I spent most of the day wrapping up some Christmas baking, doing laundry, packing the suitcases, and loading the car in preparation for our trip to Connecticut to be with Chi's family.
Mini Maple Nut Twists -- essential Christmas baking.
After a busy afternoon and evening getting ready, we were all ready for a little down time. On the Eve of Christmas Vacation, we had "breakfast for dinner" with pancakes with scrambled eggs -- a Little Nguyen often-requested favorite. Then, we decided to put on our jammies, snuggle up by the fire, and exchange the Christmas gifts we had gotten for each other. It was kind of nice to have some family time after the craziness of the last few weeks. A little help with the ribbon... Hmmm...what could it be? There's only one way to find out... Inside? A new cuddly Star Wars blanket...
The First Little Nguyen takes after his mom for sure, as he is always cold! A few weeks ago, we found a really plush, soft Star Wars blanket for him to cuddle up with. I think this was his favorite gift of the evening, and I think he loves it even more than the LEGOs and books he got! I'm sure he will love snuggling up with that on the drive to Ong & Ba's tomorrow...
A new non-stick rice maker for Chi
It's always a trick to keep secrets from Chi. He's very good at tickling said secrets out of the Little Nguyens! But this year the Little Nguyens and I managed to pull off a few surprises for him. His favorite was probably the new non-stick rice cooker and steamer. Can't wait for him to use it! I wonder what yummy creation he will make?! Mmmm....imagine all the yummy stir fries....
Two Little Brickmasters
The Little Nguyens both had seen these Brickmaster books and really wanted them. Every time we have visited Borders or Barnes & Noble the last few months, they have poured over them. So, it wasn't hard to suggest which thing they would give to the other: Benjamin gave Thomas the LEGO Castle Brickmaster while Thomas gave Benjamin the LEGO Star Wars Brickmaster! Both were quite happy! These are such great books, with all sorts of different creations that can be made with the bricks included. Although they are beyond hard and nearly impossible to contain, I have to admit that LEGOs are my favorite toy for my kids. Benjamin has loved them since he was three years old, and Thomas probably began even a little earlier -- I can remember quite well the infamous "disassembling" incident of 2006 when he took apart three LEGO City sets in a single bound. In the span of ten minutes, three days' worth of the First Little Nguyen's LEGOwork were destroyed by his two-year old brother while I folded a single load of laundry. This is where the fascination began. But now, his spatial skills truly amaze me.
A new UVA tree ornament for Daddy!

The essential alma mater car bling from the First Little Nguyen

Last year, it was Rutgers. This year, UVA!
Aside from his new rice cooker/steamer, it was a UVA Christmas for Chi! The Little Nguyens found some little trinkets from his second alma mater, and they thought he would love them. They had fun wrapping them up for Daddy, and they loved thinking about how their gifts would make him smile. They didn't disappoint.
Just what I wanted! Thanks, Benj! A few new reads for the drive to Connecticut
Both Mommy and Benjamin got some fun new reading material. This will give us something to do on the long drive to Connecticut!
The Puzzle King's new USA puzzle
Thomas, a.k.a. The Puzzle King, got a fun new puzzle of the United States. It will help him start learning state names and capitals, too! A definite plus.
He's going to have to think very hard about this one!Is it wearable? New shoes? A new purse? Hmmm.... It's driving me nuts!
After the Little Nguyens went to bed, Chi and I exchanged our gifts and played a little game of our own: 20 Questions. Chi is nearly impossible to outsmart in a game like this, but I managed to pull it off this year! Nice try, honey! I think he is still wondering how I could have possibly beat him in a game like that! Happy Christmas Vacation Eve!

0 comments: