| Come on down.... |
We went to the First Little Nguyen's school today for a Paws-itive Assembly. These assemblies are held to recognize students for achievements related to academics, behavior, reaching reading goals and attendance.
| ...Mr. Smartypants. Looking a little uncomfortable onstage. |
Our first little leopard received an award from his teacher for academic excellence. We are so proud that he cares about putting forth the effort to do his very best job! At his school, the children are encouraged to "show their spots" with schoolwork as well as behavior. Today was extra special because in addition to the academic award, he was also recognized for "earning his spot" on the big leopard in the front hallway for showing kindness (and the "Sweet Spot" he earned for a free milkshake from Chik-Fil-A!). It was a Double Whammy Day, and we are so proud of him!
| Okay, I'm a little nervous here. |
It's a sad state of affairs when your child gets to that age where a camera flash causes him to frown at his parents. I had to hide way in the back so I wouldn't embarass him while I was taking pictures. Who knows how many more of these things he will let us bring a camera to?
We have always encouraged the First Little Nguyen to push himself, and while that hasn't always been an easy lesson to teach him or for him to learn, I can see him now beginning to grow and change. He is proud of his grades and he is proud of his thinking. He is setting his own goals, keeping track of how close he is to attaining them, and feeling good about reaching them. He is not turned off by difficult tasks and is eager to be challenged. He is an inquisitive and curious creature, and that will take him far. But in the end, his ability to challenge himself and persevere will help him succeed in whatever he sets his sights on.
I can't wait to see what that will be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment