 |
| Icing House #1 |
 |
| Good form... |
 |
| and a steady hand! |
I know you're judging me right now. What is she thinking? Did these come from a pre-made gingerbread kit? Can't she bake? Ha! Yes, I love pre-baked gingerbread kits. The ones with the candies and the frosting already in the piping bags, and the perforated-edge house pieces that make it oh-so-easy to snap them apart. I buy them every year. At Target. We have done a big gingerbread house, a gingerbread train, and the gingerbread village....twice. The village is their favorite.
 |
| Snow all over the roof! |
My Little Nguyens aren't much for crafting, but every once in a while they indulge me. They do, however, reeeeaaaalllly look forward to decorating gingerbread houses every year. They totally get into it and they are getting pretty adept at icing bag techniques, too. I think, for the most part, they have learned the truth in "Less is more", whereas a year or two ago their houses were literally flooded with or dripping in icing. Like an avalanche of the white stuff. Sometimes we had "cave in" problems to fix because the roofs were so heavy!
 |
| Adding lots of colors! |
 |
| Squeezing on some red icing |
 |
| Following the lines |
 |
| Now some white... |
 |
| ...and a quick taste! |
For the first year, the Little Nguyens were pretty much self-sufficient with the whole process, which is why I was able to get so many pictures! My hands weren't covered in frosting! And I even got to decorate one of my own. They let me have the ski chalet. The smallest building in the village. But, hey. I'm not complaining!
 |
| I got to do the ski chalet! WooHoo! |
AND it left Chi free to cook his Sunday night specialty -- Pho Ga! Doesn't it look yummy?!
 |
| And this has nothing to do with anything....just a yummy dinner! Pho Ga! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment