Lately, I have been feeling a little sad about the fact that my seven-year old doesn't always want to be read to. He's on the fence about it. At times, he really wants to be a little boy and snuggle up close to hear the story I am reading to his brother at bedtime. On other evenings, however, he wants to curl up in his own bed and read by himself.
This is what I found the First Little Nguyen doing last night. I guess the bedtime routine we worked so hard to establish from an early age, and the reason I think the Little Nguyens always went to sleep so easily, is about to be disrupted....by age. It kind of reminds me of all of those nights when I was a little girl, when I would read and re-read books like Ramona the Brave, Nancy Drew, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and the books from the Little House on the Prairie series. I would just get lost in them, and I think the same thing is happening to the First Little Nguyen.
I think my days of reading such favorites as Goodnight, Moon and Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel at bedtime are numbered. Oh, well. I guess I will just have to let him "get lost" and take those snuggly storytime moments when I can get them...
0 comments:
Post a Comment