CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 9

Parade of Costumes

I am so behind on my blogging. Some nasty bronchitis zapped my energy for a few weeks, but now, after a course of antibiotics, a chest x-ray, and a second course of antibiotics, and a nebulizer, I am up and running! So much to catch the family up on!
Our Little Clone Trooper...masked and ready.

The Friday morning before Halloween, the Second Little Nguyen's preschool kicked off their fun festivities with a precious parade of costumes! We have always loved this special morning at preschool, seeing all of the sweet costumes as the children parade by us to "trick-or-treat". This year was no exception.
Halloween House

The designer of the Halloween House

It was also the year (sniff, sniff) my children wanted to be Star Wars characters. No more firemen, astronauts or construction workers....again sniff, sniff. As hard as I tried to steer them toward what I thought to be the more original R2-D2 or C3PO, the more they insisted on the Clone Trooper costumes. So, that's what they were, and they were never so happy as the day the FedEx man and his truck arrived with them! Gone are the days of creating costumes....

Chi and I, along with the First Little Nguyen (who had a day off from school), took the Second Little Nguyen to preschool this morning. We toured through the "spooky room" down the hall from his classroom, looking at all of the Halloween Houses the children had built and the stories they had dictated about them. WOW! I think there are some future architects in this class! The Second Little Nguyen was very proud of his construction project and his story, but he was also eager to get down to his classroom to see his friends. His One True Love (as she shall heretofore be referred to as) was a precious Cupcake Fairy...so scrumptious I could have just eaten her up! He was a little smitten, I think, as he gave her his trademark, just-for-his-betrothed, sidelong glance and a flirty smirk. And how old are we? FIVE??? Whew. I think the "playdate" we have arranged with her on Friday is actually five-year old-speak for "date." Oh, boy.

Ready to parade...

The Beautiful Cupcake Fairy -- his one true love.
Ready for some fun ... his betrothed is right behind him!

The Second Little Nguyen's treat bag was chock full of tempting little morsels when he came home from preschool, and it is quite possible that I may have been the one that confiscated the king-size Hershey bar that was in it (I will never tell). Hmm...maybe I put on my witch's hat and cast a spell that made it disappear! Poof! Think our littlest trick-or-treater noticed? Yep. You're right. Nothing gets by him! But Mommy's magic wand suddenly made Gummy Lifesavers appear. And all was forgiven.

0 comments: