| Three short years ago -- January 2008 |
Can you believe this photo? WOW! Seems like yesterday... I can remember when the First Little Nguyen was in Kindergarten. It was January of that school year, and his teacher had given him a homework assignment to write a book titled Winter. He wrote a little story about playing in the snow with his little brother and having a snowball fight with Dad. I can also remember how adorable it was, watching the Two Little Nguyens sitting on the sofa together, the First Little Nguyen reading his Winter book to his fireman little brother who was holding Thomas the Tank Engine. Oh, how time flies...
| One proud Kindergartener! Remember the missing tooth? |
It's so hard not to compare the Two Little Nguyens, but it's equally as difficult not to at least think back and remember the sweet memories of the way the first one held his pencil, how he formed his letters, how he drew his silly little pictures. Now, he's learning cursive. Oh, how time changes everything...
| Winter by Thomas |
Well, today it was someone else's turn. Someone is six and really likes to write. His printing is so neat, and let me note the fact that he has a lot of patience for drawing! I love his sweet little hands, wrapped around the pencil and crayons, precision written all over the page. From the time he could first scrawl the uppercase letters of his name, he has been this way. Oh, the more things change, the more they stay the same...
| Caught in the act! |
As he started to write his sentences, it was clear to see he was following a well-established pattern. I can make a _____ (snowman, igloo, etc.). Of course, the most fun was making the pictures, and his little drawings amuse me. One of his pages read, I can make a snowmouse. I wasn't sure snowmouse was a compound word, but it was in the book he read to me last night, so I guess it counts.
| Adding some illustrations... |
| All finished! He's our Writer in Residence! |
He was very proud of his story when he finished, and he practiced reading it to us in preparation for reading it his class tomorrow during his Daily Five reading time. Oh, how I love, love, love my sweet little Writer in Residence.
0 comments:
Post a Comment