Oh, I do love Halloween. It's not the scary stuff (we stay away from that) or the costumes or even the treats....okay, well it might be the treats. Really, I think it's that the boys are so fascinated with walking around the neighborhood in the dark! It's such a novel thing for them, as they are usually inside at that time of night. We even saw a few bats as we left the house. We trick-or-treated at Aunt Susan and Uncle John's house before dinner. They had lots of treats for us, and the highlight was seeing Uncle John don his crazy mask! Uncle John loves Halloween as much as we do! After the traditional Halloween taco dinner, we lit Jack and Jill O'Lantern (see previous entry), and then we were on our way down the cul-de-sac. The First Little Nguyen pretended to be annoyed each time he had to explain to a neighbor what a paleontologist was, and the Second Little Nguyen kept saying, "Tank oo for da tweats." He even counted to 10 in Vietnamese to impress Ong and Ba (the older Vietnamese couple who live down the street)! They hooted when they heard that! After dumping their loot out on the kitchen table the boys discovered they had plenty of treats despite only visiting at a few houses. At the rate of one treat per day, it should last until January!
And, yes, I even dressed up. You can't see my tail in this picture, but I had one. When The Second Little Nguyen woke up from his nap, I surprised him with my "costume." He said, "Whea your face go?" MEOW! Hey, Sisters! Remember those ridiculously frivolous leopard print flats that I bought at the Mall of America last year? Well, hey! They served yet another purpose! PAWS! Meow!
0 comments:
Post a Comment