CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 30

Another Big Day


Next year, will someone remind me that I need to begin drinking early in October? This is how I feel today! Between Halloween, birthdays and Fall Festivals, I do not have a free moment. Between the hours of 9-12 this morning, I did the following: take the Second Little Nguyen to school, videotape preschool Costume Parade while taking photographs, fly through the grocery store like a bat out of hel_, unload groceries at home, start a load of laundry and fold another, jump into running clothes, run to the park to retrieve our other car (long story short: Chi accidentally left birthday party with keys to my car), guzzle water from a germy water fountain, drive to preschool to pick up the Littlest Nguyen. Quit whining, Sarah....all moms multi-task. It's a pre-req for Mommyhood. That's why I was a teacher! A lot of non-moms multi-task, too. Non-moms feel like taking out a chainsaw now and then, too.






Now, let me focus on the hilarious things that happened today. There were plenty of them! The Littlest Nguyen dressed up for his preschool Halloween Costume Parade this morning. Just look at this face! He is holding another new accessory....a toy fire extinguisher that actually squirts water! We'll save that activity for another time when we are not in a drought, though.










After the First Little Nguyen returned home from school, we carved our pumpkins into jack o'lanterns. The First Little Nguyen did a remarkable job drawing the face on his pumpkin with a crayon. Then, he cut it all by himself! MOMENT! The boy has skills! Oh, the wonderful pumpkin tools they make for you kids nowadays....when Mommy was a little girl, she had to use a dull paring knife.



















The Second Little Nguyen abandoned pumpkin carving for another activity...riding his Big Wheel through the front lawn! Vroom-Vroom! Of course, I completed the pumpkin for him. I prefer pumpkin-carving to Big Wheel-riding anyday.




The end results were great, though. Everyone had fun doing what they liked in the sunshine. The jack o'lanterns were appropriately named "Jack" and "Jill". When I asked which one was Jack and which was Jill, the First Little Nguyen replied, "His has to be the girl because I carved my own!" The Second Little Nguyen couldn't be reached for comment and refused to pose for photos with his jill o'lantern.


0 comments: