Aunt Suzy and Uncle John presented the Littlest Nguyen with a new Bosch toy chainsaw with which to torment his older brother! It is also useful for sawing through the posts at the bottom of the staircase, inflicting tickles, and eliciting loud laughter! It will also be a great accessory for his Halloween costume....a fireman! Firemen do not just use hoses and climb ladders...they carry chainsaws!
The Second Little Nguyen's birthday was spent at a local park, building some birthday fun with a few of his little preschool friends! The day couldn't have been more beautiful, although it started out so chilly. The sun shone down as the kids used excavators and dump trucks and front loaders to move mountains of dirt, and it warmed them as they dug for buried tools in the sand. Then, they ate a construction worker's bag lunch before consuming some "dirty" chocolate cupcakes. It was a glorified playdate, really, but there were balloons and construction hats and Home Depot aprons involved! I wish I could post more pictures of the party, but so many of them include the other children. I am not sure how their parents would feel! Better not...
Three years ago, God sent us a little pumpkin. They handed him to us, swaddled tightly in a blanket, wearing a pumpkin cap that a hospital volunteer had hand-knit to keep a little head warm. As we opened our box of Fall and Halloween decorations a few weeks ago, I tried to put that hat on the Littlest Nguyen. Even stretched as far it could be stretched, it wouldn't fit. The Littlest Nguyen scampered off as I held that hat in my hands, and I was overwhelmed with the fact that it would never again fit him. Now he's a hard-hat-wearing, chainsaw-wielding big boy, racing to rescue people in his block building fires or constructing elaborate cities with Duplos! He is full of character, wearing it like a costume, changing it constantly.
Although the hat no longer fits, he will always be our Little Pumpkin. And maybe, one day, he will have a Little Pumpkin of his own who will wear that special hat.
0 comments:
Post a Comment