CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 17

Little Pumpkins in the Patch

Hill Ridge Farm, here we come! Today was an Early Release Day, so it was the perfect opportunity to take the Little Nguyens to pick pumpkins. With the busy weekends we have had lately, I was beginning to wonder if we would be able to carve out some time this for pumpkin-picking! I have taken many a first grader to the pumpkin patch over the years, but it's never as much fun as taking your own child!






























We rode the train, ran through the hay bale maze, ate an "old fashioned" picnic (as the First Little Nguyen said) under a gigantic oak tree, and took a dusty hayride out to pick out a pumpkin. We were all properly dusted by the time we arrived back at the car. Benjamin, being the observant child that he is, was amazed at the uniform size of all of the pumpkins. "Mom, did you notice that all of these pumpkins are about the same size? I could carry any of them, you know?" Yes, dear child. That was done intentionally by the pumpkin people so that all of the kids could carry their own pumpkins on the long hike back to the car!

1 comments:

pinhofamily

Oh how I wish we could go to the pumpkin patch this year! Carve a pumpkin for us!