Well, it's official. I have turned 3_. I don't feel 3_! But when I look at my Three Nguyens, it really doesn't matter that I am 3_. The First Nguyen makes me feel like I am twenty-something, and the Two Little Nguyens require that I try to keep up like one! Here is a terribly embarrassing photo of me blowing out the candle on my birthday cake. Isn't the First Nguyen wonderful? Baking is among his many talents. He made this delicious coconut-y concoction for me...and he only put one candle on it! Really, every birthday wish I ever made came true the day I met him.
Benjamin, the First Little Nguyen, has discovered that he can write! The teacher in me knew it would happen, but I was overcome with joy when, last weekend, he whipped out the dry-erase board and - bam! - he started stringing sight words together to make sentence. And they ended with periods! Bonus! It all clicked. Over the years, I have seen the lightbulb turn on in some of my students. But this time it happened with my own child. Benjamin was so proud. It was a priceless moment, one I couldn't have created if I had tried. Benjamin loves Kindergarten and is blessed to have a teacher who shares with him a love of all things science and Animal Planet. He insists he is really the offspring of Nigel from the Animal Planet series Prehistoric Park and that paleontology is in his future, but we keep telling him that he needs a more.... umm...lucrative and accessible career. Mama needs a beach house and Daddy needs Ferarri! Ha Ha....just kidding.....jpg)
.jpg)
Thomas, the Second Little Nguyen, is a little pumpkin. Thomas loves messy things like paint and mud. Who wouldn't!? The teachers at his MMO program say he is quiet and observant... except when an airplane is flying over. Then he announces it to the class and rushes to the window. It took the teachers awhile to understand what Thomas was babbling about on such occasions. One day, they realized he was naming the airlines! Amewican Awines...Sowest... Dewta! Of course, it all made sense then. Thomas likes fire trucks, garbage trucks, dump trucks, all kinds of trucks. He is all boy. He aspires to be a firefighter one day. And I am sure he will be...he loves to climb things!

And Chi...well, I am obviously a very lucky woman. Just look at the beautiful smile he gave to the Two Little Nguyens. The Lord reproduced Chi's smile for a reason...it was no mistake. And look at the smile he makes me smile just by smiling. He makes 37 worth saying it.
1 comments:
Yes, Susan, I can make a comment.
Post a Comment