ALERT! We have an author in the house! This may not be earth-shaking new to the rest of world, but this former teacher has a mile-wide smile today! As he was doing homework yesterday afternoon, the First Little Nguyen decided to write and illustrate a book to tell about things he could do in Winter. I knew he could write simple sight words on his own, but I was amazed when he sat down and tried sounding out words like winter, sledding (he knows -ing!), and snowball ("It's two words put together, Mom!) on his own. Of course, I wouldn't expect that he be able to spell those words yet, but he tried and then I showed him how close he had come to correctly spelling the words. I am so proud of him!
Normally when he reads, he prefers to bury his nose in a book in a quiet place. But when he finished writing and illustrating "Winter Things," he summoned the Second Little Nguyen to listen to his first official reading of the new story. Then, he read it to me, to Ellie, to Betsy (who napped through the whole thing), to me again, and to Chi when he came home from work. For those who may wish to purchase this text, it will be available soon on Benazon.com!
1 comments:
WOW! I want the first 100 copies! I am so proud... it bring tears to my eyes for you!!! Keep it up! :)Nicole
Post a Comment