CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30

"Paws-itively" Wonderful!



We are one proud family today! At an assembly at his school this morning, the First Little Nguyen received a "Paws-itively Awesome Award" for academic excellence. Two awards were given for each class: one for academic excellence and one for most improved. Each child got to walk up on stage, and the principal then presented the award. I don't know how "excellent" academics can actually be at this age, but we are pleased nonetheless! Coincidentally, he received his first formal progress report yesterday, and it was so good! I hope this is the first in a long string of wonderful reports.



The First Little Nguyen was also recognized for having a "spot" put on the leopard in the school's front hallway, a sure sign that he is demonstrating honesty, respect, trustworthiness and integrity (some character traits the school is emphasizing). The Second Little Nguyen was along for the ride this morning and and was pleased to have his photo taken with the school mascot. When we were leaving, he said to me, "When I bigger, I go dis school and dat bus bring me home." He is already wearing the school colors.

Sorry some of the pictures are so dark. The lighting in the multipurpose room was not too great. Hope you can see The First Little Nguyen's smile! That's reward enough!

0 comments: