CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 1

Now, Where is My Magic Wand!?

After a few days of vacation, it was back to the grind this morning for the First Little Nguyen. Mornings like this give me a new appreciation for what my mother must have gone through with all seven of us. I can recall being pretty snarly in the mornings before school when Mom tried to wake me up, and I think Chi can attest to the fact that the years have not made it any easier! Unfortunately, I think the First Little Nguyen has inherited a bit of my morning snarliness.

A long time ago, my sister, Janet, gave me a sage piece of advice for waking up snarly children. With four of her own that have now grown into three lovely young ladies and one handsome gentleman, she told me that on those really cold mornings she would even resort to cinnamon rolls from a tube to help ease the pain (for herself, I think!) of having to get out of a warm bed and hit the icy cold! That's what I did today! Yes, I know. On the heels of Thanksgiving's homebaked Maple Nut Ring, I fed my child a cinnamon roll from a tube. And he survived. And he even put on a smile. Shocking! It's magic!


The First Little Nguyen even had time after breakfast to put the first ornament on our "Countdown to Christmas" tree. Now I'll have to pull off some real magic tomorrow morning: transforming oatmeal with raisins and walnuts into just as yummy a treat as cinnamon rolls from a tube! I might need a magic wand for that. Now where did I put that...


0 comments: