

We spent Memorial Day with Aunt Suzy and Uncle John. Jennifer and Don came from Atlanta while Andrea and Kris drove in from Charlotte for the weekend, bringing the Little Nguyens' adorable, toddling cousin, Noah. The Little Nguyens had so much fun with everyone. The Little Nguyens love a big family gathering, just as Chi and I do, and it was so cute when The Second Little Nguyen called Don (technically his cousin by marriage) "Uncle Don." Don, hope you don't mind an extra couple of "nephews". They love you dearly -- and we appreciate how you can relate to two very active young boys. You understand their need to get down and dirty! Jennifer and Andrea, Susan's twins, are more like sisters to me since we are so close in age. In fact, I used to request that they not call me "Aunt Sarah" because it made me so uncomfortable! (It still does!)
After a few days of unexplained fevers and sore throats at our house (just a spring cold, I guess), the Little Nguyens really needed to get outside and play. "Uncles" Kris and Don, along with Uncle John, wasted no time at all! Before we knew it, the Second Little Nguyen was pitching, Kris was catching (with Noah in one hand!), and the First Little Nguyen was up to bat. What a perfect way to kick off the evening.




After realizing that my husband had disappeared, I went to look for him. I found John and Chi in the front year, trying their hand at a round of Bocce Ball. Check out the form! It's amazing what strategic moves one can accomplish with one hand! 

While John and Chi took charge of the grilling, the rest of us delighted in watching Noah eat his dinner and take his evening bath. It's amazing how much he has changed in just the two months since we have seen him. He is feeding himself, loves a variety of different foods, and is so joyful! 

After Noah went to sleep, we all enjoyed the luscious spread on Susan's new patio, enjoying dinner on the first summery-feeling night of the year. It was such a fun evening at Shafer's Vineyard!
Susan and I on Mother's Day 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment