Between naps and Lego play today, the First Little Nguyen requested a "cinnamon birthday cake". Yes, that's what he asked for. We were so surprised it wasn't chocolate because he is such a chocolate monster! Considering this is the first thing he has asked to eat in about....oh....five days, I jumped at the chance to make him something! He ended up with a cinnamon coffee cake, much to his liking. What was truly remarkable was that I had everything here to make the thing! Once everyone is well, I am going to do some major pantry shopping!
Every year I get so frustrated because I can't seem to capture the actual blowing out of the candles on the birthday cake. It's always something....a fuzzy picture, batteries ran out, blah, blah, blah. But THIS year, check it out! Finally, I got a whole series of pictures.
The First Little Nguyen loved his new Dinosaur book from Grandpa and Grandma B. (isn't that the best smile?), and he loved the Connect Four game from Aunt Becky and Uncle Phil. That was one we didn't have! Since he will be home from school again tomorrow, something tells me we are going to use that game a lot!
0 comments:
Post a Comment