Spring is beautiful, and so is all of the fun stuff that comes along with it. Fragrant flowers, warm breezes, little animals... But with Easter upon us, it's always hard to explain why we see the Easter Bunny at the mall. I found this wonderful children's story that explains things in words I can never find when my boys ask, "What is the Easter Bunny?" I will share it, with all credit to Jeanne Hunt from Bringing Home the Word from St. Anthony Messenger Press, 2008. Here's a little Alleluia grace for the wee souls. There may be copyright issues involved, but I am sure my family will overlook that....right? It's worth sharing.
********************************************
Once upon a time in the Holy Land where Jesus lived, the whole land was dark and sad because Jesus dies on a cross. He loved us very much and he died to keep us near to him in heaven forever. But on that very sad day everyone in town was so sorry because Jesus was dead and buried in a cave. It was Sunday morning and the garden around the cave was filled with yummy clover and little brown bunnies. In those days, there was no such thing as white bunnies. Suddenly, just as the sun was rising, the rock in the door of the cave burst out and flew down the hill and a brilliant light exploded from the cave. There stood Jesus! He was back and alive again! The bursting rock and the bright light scared those little brown bunnies so much that they instantly turned white. Jesus bent down and calmed them and said, "You are the first white bunnies. Your mission is to go out to the whole world telling them that I am alive." So, for thousands of years white bunnies have come to children everywhere with special treats and the amazing message that Jesus lives.
0 comments:
Post a Comment