CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 1

Look Out, Bobby Flay!


I once read an article about how Bobby Flay (from the Food Network) used to be obsessed with two things: playing with fire trucks and cooking. Coincidentally, so is the First Little Nguyen. Remember when Paula Deen was in town doing a cookbook signing? He wanted to go see her! I wonder if this is a hint of his future? Can you imagine it? Throwdown! with the First Little Nguyen! Little Nguyen's Home Cookin'! Everyday Little Nguyen! Semi-Homemade Cooking with the First Little Nguyen! Okay. Maybe not the last one. Sandra Lee is too wishy-washy. And the First Little Nguyen does not need to learn what a tablescape is.




I was making a batch of chili today for our trip to the mountains this weekend. The First Little Nguyen was measuring the spices (he is learning the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon) and draining the beans when he asked to cut up the green peppers. This is quite surprising to me as a detests peppers. He would rather eat eggplant than peppers! So, after I helped him seed and cut the pepper into slices, I turned him loose with a paring knife! Before I knew it, he had stacked the slices and was cutting them in an even dice! Can you say Sous Chef?

3 comments:

The Smiths

OK. Now I feel even more inadequate. I have no cool music on our blog, no links, nor do I have a free counter. You have stepped it up a notch again! You’re my blog role model!

The Smiths

Scratch that. I figured out how to put the links on there. We're hoping it will increase the traffic on our site!

Gardner News!

That goes for two of us... is it tacky if we follow suit? I love the Buble track - great choice! Those boys are getting so big, can't wait to see them later this month!