CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28

WANTED: A Little TLC

I feel like %&#@! I have just returned from the doctor. Guess what? I'm sick. This weekend I lost my voice, I sound like a seal when I cough and at times I can hardly catch my breath. I managed to get through the winter without stepping on anything explosive in this minefield of germs. Well, my luck has changed, and anyone who reads this who has been in my presence while I coughed this weekend should ramp up their intake of Zinc, Vitamin C and Echinacea! An upper respiratory infection crept up on me this weekend, and I returned home from the doctor this morning armed with two (count 'em two) inhalers and an antibiotic. As my family well knows, antibiotics and Sarah do not play well together. My body hasn't really ever met one it liked. In fact, I have not taken one in TEN YEARS! We'll see how this playdate goes. Hopefully, it won't involve any timeouts. And hopefully, all innocent parties will not be affected.

The good news is that the Littlest Nguyen got to have lunch with Daddy while I went to my appointment. On the ride home, he asked, "Are you sick, Mommy?" When I told him I was he replied, "I take care of you." Those perfect little words uttered by that sweet little voice are like a giant Band-Aid! Unfortunately, he fell asleep before we got home, and he is napping now. So, I had to get my own juice. But, hopefully, he will put on his turnout gear when he wakes up and administer some much needed first aid and TLC. As of yesterday afternoon, his emergency first aid kit contained Q-Tips, cotton balls, a thermometer, a nail file, and some butterfly closures. We'll see if he can cure me with those!

0 comments: