We were having lunch out after church this morning, and the Little Nguyens were marveling over the simplest of enriched flour treats: biscuits and honey! The honey kept "disappearing" into the light, fluffy biscuits, and we finally gave up trying to control how much they were pouring on. Really, it wasn't much, and admit it: biscuits taste better with a thick honey glaze! Anyway, after hearing the following conversation between the two of them, both Chi and I agreed there is a reason we became parents of two boys! A little girl never would have finished her biscuit...
- First Little Nguyen: These biscuits are just soooo good!
- Second Little Nguyen: I like these yummy biscuits.
- First Little Nguyen: I just can't get enough of the honey. It makes them so sweet!
- Second Little Nguyen: It just goes into the biscuit. Where is it? I can't see the honey. Mom, can I have more honey?
- Daddy: You know what honey is, don't you? Do you know where it comes from?
- Second Little Nguyen: BEES!
- First Little Nguyen: Yes. They get it from flowers. From the pollen.
- Daddy: From the pollen?
- First Little Nguyen: No, from the nectar.
- Daddy: Right. The nectar mixed with something else.
- First Little Nguyen: What? The nectar mixed with what?
- Daddy: Bee spit.
- First Little Nguyen: Bee spit? (pause) BEE SPIT! Ewww...we're eating bee spit! LOL (Pause -- furls his brow in surprise) I can't really even taste it!
- Daddy: Yeah...the bees take the nectar back to their hives, process it in their mouths, and store it in cells that are called honeycomb. More or less...
- Second Little Nguyen: Ewww...bee spit! LOL (Takes bite)
- First Little Nguyen: (Chewing) So, Dad, can I have more bee spit?
0 comments:
Post a Comment