CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 7

Speed Racer


When the First Little Nguyen was about 8 months old, we were browsing in a local toy store. The shop was going out of business, and we found some of our most wonderful toys that day: our first Brio train set and wooden tracks, a wooden rocking horse, a tambourine and some maracas, and this fantastic racecar! Before the First Little Nguyen could even walk, Chi was dreaming of the day when his firstborn would race this car up and down the cul-de-sac. We have had it out on several occasions, and the First Little Nguyen has always been such a careful driver. But on Sunday afternoon, there was a 180-degree turnaround! The child was putting the pedal to the metal! He couldn't get those wheels to turn fast enough, and the tires were literally spinning on the pavement! His squeals were hilarious, and his smiles were priceless. I always knew the time would come when he wouldn't be content to ride slowly. Whether it be on scooter, Big Wheel, bicycle or racecar, his hair has to be on fire! Our eventual trip to Disneyworld will have to involve a relative who doesn't mind accompanying the First Little Nguyen on various high-speed attractions! I do not have the stomach for that, and neither does Chi. I can do many things, but I cannot be a cool, roller-coaster-riding mom!