CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2

Fun & Games

A rare photo of Mom and I.
Mom was a good sport...Ellie was on her lap the whole time!

We loved having Grandma B. here with us for a week! When I was a child, I remember her playing endless rounds of Go Fish, Gin Rummy, Slapjack, and Kings in the Corner with me. Clearly, if you have ever played cards with me, you know I really didn't inherit her card-playing skills! She liked Monopoly, too, and always seemed to own a lot of property, so it made it hard to beat her! But, we had fun, and games were something she loved playing with me. Getting down to the business of beating Grandma.

I don't think Mom was here for three hours before the Second Little Nguyen had her down on the floor, whipping her in a game of Trouble! This is his modus operandi: welcome your houseguests by inviting them to play a game. Make them feel welcome -- and then BEAT the pants off them! He is so cute and hard to resist...you just don't think he can be so devious! He did this to Aunt Janet last summer, and this time to Grandma. Of course, she gave him a few good beatings so he didn't get too big for his britches, but she never made his losses sting too badly! Oh, the fun and games of a child... Hmmm...I wonder if she's going to knock me off? Hee, hee....movin' in for the kill!

0 comments: