This was the only good shot we got before the camera battery went kaput! But, at least it was a good one! Vacation Bible School came and went in the blink of an eye this year. The rainforest was the backdrop for our year's theme -- SonQuest Rainforest. I gave up supplies this year and committed to taking on the lesson planning and rounding up of "counselors" (teachers) for the next few years. Planning lessons for our one-week Bible school made me realize how much I miss that creative aspect of teaching, but I am thankful nonetheless to have an outlet to put that time and talent to work. Our lessons this year used several well-known parables to teach about God's word, about how "planting His word" in your heart helps His love grow in you so that you can in turn give it to others as service to Him. I love seeing our young ones come alive through the activities that teach His word, and I love even more when they sing about it! The music is always my favorite part, and the music was more powerful this year than any year I can remember. In fact, I am not the only one who thought so. A friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year ago. She has been involved in VBS at our church for a number of years as a counselor. After all that she went through this year, and after listening to the VBS music, she felt a different type of calling. She said she felt an energy that she needed to help her gather her life back together and find a way to show her thanks to the Lord in the process. So, she took on the position of Music Coordinator. And she did it so well, with such happiness and joy, singing the music as a prayer of thanksgiving. For me, that was perhaps the best story to come out of this summer's program. Tamara, if you're reading this, you must know I think you are amazing.
Sunday, June 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment