CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 18

Frosty Flakes








Wasn't I just talking about snow yesterday!? A very brief flurry of the fluffy white stuff occurred this afternoon as we were on our way home from preschool. As you can imagine, since that sort of thing rarely happens here, the Second Little Nguyen and I were squealing with glee! As soon as we arrived home, the Second Little Nguyen jumped out of the car to investigate. He met with little luck in trying to catch a snowflake on his tongue, so he resorted to picking them off his fleecy black pullover for taste-testing.









Our flurry didn't last for long, but it sure did put us in the cookie-baking mood! When I became a mother, I vowed that there would never be snow without cookies. So, in keeping with my promise, I helped the Second Little Nguyen whip up a batch of "stickernoodles" (snickerdoodles) when we came inside. They are nestled in the oven, my littlest boy is napping in his bed, and I am expecting my biggest boy home from school at any moment. I wonder if he got to the see the snow? It may be gone, but it's not forgotten.

0 comments: