CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26

Saucy Sous Chef




The day before Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the entire year! I really love to cook, so, clearly, there is no place I would rather be except for my kitchen. I prefer to make everything myself, whether it be a friendly old recipe or a new and untried one, so I get started well ahead of time. And I have one rule -- nothing comes from a bag or can...except maybe chicken broth.

Well, this morning was extra special because the Second Little Nguyen woke up early enough to help me begin preparations for the Nguyen Family Feast! He was named First Sous Chef and put in charge of the Cranberry Sauce. He very carefully rinsed the cranberries, picked out the squishy ones, measured the ingredients and mixed it all together. When he asked to try a cranberry, I didn't discourage it. But he quickly found that its taste was not, in fact, similar to a strawberry. Once I put the saucepan on the burner, the Second Little Nguyen couldn't touch it or get near the stove, but he came back often (wear his fireman's helmet and eye protectors) to remind me to stir it!

0 comments: