CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27

An Astronaut's "Ice Cream"

I know what you must be thinking and, no, he hasn't taken it off since Friday night...except for church and bedtime, of course. His 24-7 wearing of the flight suit reminds me of the nurse's cap I used to make my mom pin in my hair every day when I was four. Oh, such big dreams...

This morning, I helped my little astronaut bake "ice cream cone" cupcakes for his preschool birthday treat. A woman I was talking to in the market the other day was telling me about these great cupcakes she used to make for her young sons that were baked in ice cream cone cups. The clincher is that she said this occurred....wait for it....back in the 70's! Where have I been for the last thirty years or so that I did not know about these cute little treats? Well, they were a totally fun, easy and adorable Second Little Nguyen-friendly treat to make. We even had enough cupcake batter left to make some mini cupcake cones for the boys to eat later in the day. I won't tell the First Little Nguyen, though, that his younger brother got to sample one before he did!




Filled and ready for the oven!

Frosted and sprinkled for my friends at preschool.

I'll just eat this little one....he'll never know.

0 comments: