Today, I was a chaperone (a.k.a. "tagalong") on the First Little Nguyen's school field trip. The class visited the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, one of his favorite museums. The animal exhibits, butterfly house and all of the the science experiments are so enriching -- it's not hard to find things that hold his interest. On today's trip the First Little Nguyen got to pal around with a few of his friends while I struggled to keep up with them. I did manage to take a few pictures while all of them were standing still in one spot! Here is the First Little Nguyen...
...pumping water at the water station.
...manipulating the water wheel.
..."drumming" up some music!
...playing with a cloud.
...fingerpainting on a computer screen.
...watching liftoff front and center!
It's kind of fun to be the "tagalong" on his field trips because I don't have to worry about planning the event, coordinating volunteers, or being in charge! At times, he gets so involved with his friends and I wonder if he even knows I am there. But I do. I like seeing another side to him than the little boy I see at home. I get to see what has become of the new friendships he has formed, how helpful and friendly he can be, and how he fits into the role of being a "big kid."
0 comments:
Post a Comment