CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 29

It's Great to Be FOUR!

Happy 4th Birthday, Second Little Nguyen! It's been a LONG wait for four! The night was a short one as our little birthday boy was eager to wake up and finally be four! Last night, he watched me take the birthday plate out of the china cabinet and set the table for his birthday breakfast. He said, "Do I get to eat on that?" and was so thrilled with my affirmative response. His blueberry pancakes looked so yummy on the plate at breakfast, but not for long...he quickly gobbled them down! The Second Little Nguyen was delighted to find a fireman sticker pack next to his plate, and once he was dressed he found some paper and got down to "dressing" his fireman. It gave him something to do to keep his little hands busy while we were getting ready for our afternoon party. After picking up his cake (He told the bakery lady, "Did you know I am four ?") and a bevy of balloons (did I mention how windy the morning was?), we headed home to eat a quick bite of lunch and meet Daddy before heading to the birthday.



Although I really missed the fun of planning a good, old-fashioned birthday party, Pump It Up was really a good place for this bunch of four-year olds to celebrate a birthday! They were full of energy and excitement, and they were really tired after spending an hour and a half sliding down giant inflatable slides, playing air hockey, chasing each other, and crawling through obstacle courses. The room was so quiet when we sat down to have a snack before cutting the birthday cake. I think it was a combination of exhaustion and thirst, as most of them downed their water and juice immediately! The Second Little Nguyen picked out a rescue vehicles birthday cake (again, I missed making one for him!) and he "oohed" and "aahed" when we lit the candles. He likes being the center of attention once in awhile, as most children do, but when he realized all eyes were on him, he became so bashful and didn't want to look at the camera. Once we began singing "Happy Birthday" to him, he finally came around and made a wish. I am betting it was for a Duplo Airport Fire Truck!

After thanking our friends and saying goodbye to them, we came home and relaxed for a bit before dinner. The Little Nguyens decompressed and unwound themselves while playing together. We ordered a pizza for dinner, and enjoyed some quiet time together at the end of a loud, busy day. The Second Little Nguyen took his time opening his birthday gifts: a little laptop computer-type toy, a Duplo Airport Fire Truck (his wish came true -- it was the only thing he asked for!), and birthday money from Grandma & Grandpa B. and Ong & Ba. We enjoyed a second slice of birthday cake, sang our special birthday song to him, and watched him blow out his four candles one last time.

After reading bedtime stories, as I was tucking him under the covers, he said, "Mommy, I liked my party and I love being four." It's great to be four, isn't it? I'd love to be four again, too. Wouldn't we all? I remember those luscious chocolate cakes my mom used to bake me, and my special birthday parties, and that white sweater my parents bought me with the pink and blue ribbons woven through it, and my locket... It gives me tingles thinking about this day he will remember 30 years from now...the day he was finally four.

0 comments: