Recently, the Second Little Nguyen played sous chef in my kitchen. We made Whoopie Pies(a highly recommended, completely unhealthy playdate snack) from the recent Everyday Food issue. Two words, readers: Yum Yum. Of course, being my child, he asked to lick the beaters. I know what you're all thinking....that batter has raw eggs in it! Well, I gave in, and I realize that it was completely irresponsible of me given that my chocolate-loving child could have become seriously ill due to the consumption of raw eggs. But I really feel strongly that every child should lick a beater from time to time. I did it when I was a child. I'm still alive. It's an important childhood experience, and I will not be guilty of depriving my child of it!
There are many experts who conclude that the level of sugar consumption has no effect on a young child's activity level. If one has spent even ten minutes in an elementary school classroom, or in my kitchen, on any given day near Halloween, one knows this conclusion is completely unsubstantiated!
0 comments:
Post a Comment